Monday, March 19, 2012

Just like riding a bike....

I'm going to start racing my bike this week.

By the end of last season racing because so routine that it was a blur. There were car trips, hotel rooms, trainers, wheel changes, ungodly amounts of peanutbutter, tears, cheers, crashes, victories, drops, etc etc.

My coach told me the other day that it was "just like riding a bike." Yea... just like riding a bike while trying to calm the rabid jackal that will likely take root in my stomach just before.

But whatever happens, I will be riding my bike. I can worry all I want about whether I've trained as much as everyone else. Whether I've rested properly. Whether it was that last cookie I ate that made the last hill suck more than I think it should.

I have been focused all winter. And I have my sights set on dates much beyond this weekend. So getting back on this weekend may be a bit shaky. But at the end, it's just like riding a bike.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't I told you you are my hero? I have never met someone with the strength to accomplish and overcome the things you have. Even if you are feeling a bit shaky about it, whatever it is the result, you'll still kick ass out there... because that is what you do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete