My arm is still broken. Sadly I'm not, in fact, a wolverine, and will take time to heal. But the doctor says I'm on track to be riding outside in a week, and racing shortly thereafter. I'm stuck, in the meantime, on the trainer, whining about life. Fortunately, the trainer seems to be the only place I do whine. I am strangely and magically content. I'm getting taken care of above and beyond anything I deserve. And my attempts at independence are taken in stride, not ridiculed. I'll probably escape without loosing too much fitness as well.
We took a distraction trip to NYC last week. No rules, no agenda, and only toothbrushes were brought. I ate awesome pastries and spent too much money on shoes. But there were happy carefree moments that reminded me I'm loved. I've never been happier to not have a plan.
I leave for CO in a week. Can't believe it's actually here. I'm nervous about the logistics, but still content that I'll be ok.
And beside, a cross country move wouldn't be exciting enough if I were healthy.
We took a distraction trip to NYC last week. No rules, no agenda, and only toothbrushes were brought. I ate awesome pastries and spent too much money on shoes. But there were happy carefree moments that reminded me I'm loved. I've never been happier to not have a plan.
I leave for CO in a week. Can't believe it's actually here. I'm nervous about the logistics, but still content that I'll be ok.
And beside, a cross country move wouldn't be exciting enough if I were healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment