Monday, April 16, 2012

Whatever Battens are, they are Killed

Every year in April, hundreds of Elite and Fred cyclists happen upon the booming metropolis of Cambridge, NY to drink chocolate milk and eat donuts. Cambridge is the only place in the universe, however, where one has to don spandex and suffer through the dirt on a toy for 3ish hours before enjoying the bounty of this great village. Honestly, I think that Tour of the Battenkill was created by some sadists dairy farmers who taunted a bunch of gaunt morons by making them chase their dairy wagons for a taste of the chocolate infused deliciousness. And now an entire industry has been developed from annually celebrating this event.

So yes, I did partake in the celebration of this dirt-infused chocolate milk drinking, spandex fest. We won't talk about the result. It was. A combination of JV mistakes in positioning, and mechanicals let to it being a disappointment of the weekend.

But all was not lost. Monika and I planned out our nordic ski career, I got to see lots of old cycling buddies, and I learned about honey badgers and skittles.

Next up Speed Week. Where hopefully all of these lessons will come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment